THOMAS CREECH LAW OFFICES | BURN INJURY LAWYER GREENVILLE SC | CALL 864-235-4999
Have you, a family member, a loved one, or your child recently suffered a burn injury? Thomas Creech Law Offices is a personal injury and burn injury law firm located in Greenville, SC that represents individuals, families, and children who have been seriously injured due to accidental burns.
FREE Consult – Call us today and to discuss your case with our burn injury lawyer
Nearly 500,000 people are treated each year for burn related injuries. Although most of these injuries are non-life threatening, they can still be very painful and require extensive rehabilitation and medical care.
Types of Burn Related Injuries
- Death, most often caused by infection
- Amputated limbs
- Skin grafts, due to the damaged skin’s inability to correctly grow
- Skin disfigurement and scarring requiring reconstructive surgery
- Loss of certain physical capabilities, such as range of motion limitations and a permanent sensation of tightness due to scarring and the skin’s loss of elasticity
- Loss of the sense of touch
- Loss of ability to perspire
- Possible effects on every system of the body when there is deep damage to muscles and other organs
- Changes in the individual’s physical appearance and self-esteem
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries fall into four categories with the most common causes being, scalding hot and flammable liquids and fires. According to the ABA, the most common causes of burn injuries are:
- Contact with fire or flame – 46% of burn injuries in the US are caused by fire or flame
- Scalding injuries – 32% of burn patients suffer injury from steam, hot bath water, spilled coffee…etc
- Thermal burns – 8% of burn accidents happen through contact with hot objects like irons or ovens
- Electrical burns – 4% of burn injuries are caused by inadvertent contact with electricity
- Chemical burns make up 3% of nationwide burn injury cases
- The remaining 7% are a combination of other causes, including sun burn, fireworks, inhalation…
Burn Injuries in Children
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, burns are one of the leading causes of household injuries among children.
- Nearly 75% of all scalding burns in children are preventable.
- Toddlers and children are more often burned by a scalding or flames.
- Most children ages 4 and under who are hospitalized for burn-related injuries suffer from scald burn (65%) or contact burns (20%).
- Hot tap water burns cause more deaths and hospitalizations than burns from any other hot liquids.
Due to changes in public smoking and increased fire safety outreach, there has been a decrease in burn related injuries over the past 30 years. However, there is still a risk of your child getting into a situation where they are hurt.
Many people receive burn injuries because of the negligence or carelessness of someone else. Burn injuries can also be caused by defective products. If you believe that someone else or a defective product caused you to suffer a burn injury, you may be eligible for compensation for your present and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, scarring, emotional trauma, and other harms and losses.
If you have received a burn injury, you should consult with a burn injury lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights going forward. Also, once you retain a lawyer to represent you, your lawyer can investigate the facts of your potential case in order to establish liability of those who maybe at fault for causing your burn injury.
“Do I need a lawyer after I was burned?”
This is a common question after a person has received a burn injury. We can help you answer that question when you call our office and let us know about the circumstance that led up to your receiving a burn injury.
“What are my rights after my child has been accidentally burned?”
Because a child may not appreciate or understand the potential to receive a burn, a child may be more easily burned than an adult. Circumstances causing a burn to a child must be carefully investigated and thoroughly examined to determine the true cause of the burn to a child. Also, bringing a claim for a burn injury to a child may alert others about the possibility of injury so that other children will not suffer the same harmful consequence.
An experienced burn injury lawyer Greenville SC
Thomas Creech is an experienced, aggressive, and compassionate burn injury lawyer Greenville SC. We want to help you and your family if you have been suffered an injury after being burned. We offer bold and compassionate representation to families who have loved ones seriously harmed from a burn injury. If you are feeling better, give us a call. We can review your case with you and set up a FREE personal consultation. We also have a convenient online form that you can use to reach us. Call the Thomas Creech Law Offices burn injury lawyer Greenville SC.